Marine Surveyor Victoria BC
If you are purchasing, insuring, refitting or operating a powerboat, having a marine surveyor inspect and report on the vessel has many benefits including ensuring your safety afloat. A powerboat is a big investment, and you need to protect that investment by having a professional marine survey inspection. A surveyor typically has more experience and knowledge than a general service or a specific repair centre offers. A boat assessment focuses on the entire boat, its structural integrity, propulsion and on all on board systems. The survey and inspection gives you a comprehensive report for your safety afloat and a summary of the operational conditions and limitations of your vessel.
My 42 years’ experience in the marine field includes molded ship building, refitting, re-powering, consulting and surveying vessels from 16’ to 65’. I have sold and delivered over 1,200 powerboats, acting as seller or purchasing agent. I have logged over 108,000 nautical miles on these multiple hulls on the Pacific Coast, inland waters, and lakes throughout Canada and the USA.
My experience enables me to offer you a complete perspective of your vessel. I ensure that you get a full survey report that protects your insurable investment.
To get started with your marine survey, please fill out my authorization form. Once completed, I will be in contact with you directly. I am also available to discuss or provide advice on our contact us page or by phone at 250-893-2839.
Specializing in Powerboats 16’-60’
Fiberglass – Aluminum – Steel
Survey Rates – Emailed PDF & Bound Report
|Up to 22’||$369.00||35’ to 40’||$629.00|
|22’ to 25’||$399.00||40’ to 45’||$689.00|
|25’ to 28’||$439.00||45’ to 50’||$789.00|
|28’ to 31’||$479.00||50’ to 55’||$899.00|
|31’ to 35’||$589.00||55’ to 60’||$989.00|
Vessels measured for Length Overall (L.O.A.) GST Applicable
- Complete Survey of structural & cosmetic condition
- Spiral bound report mailed plus emailed file
- Listed all serial numbers of vessel & machinery
- Mechanical overview without testing including wiring
- Condition assessment of entire vessel & machinery
- List of viewed accessories at point of inspection
- Canadian Coast Guard Compliance list of on board equipment and CCG requirements for size of vessel surveyed
- Transport Canada Vessel Transfer & Registry forms
- All Peril Insurance recommendations
- Clear title of vessel & trailer service offered
- Bill of Sale format offered under forms
|Full Consulting services||$65.00 hr plus expenses|
|Market analysis report||$65.00 average cost|